Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sometimes Rice can be the ultimate Savior

A sheer coincidence, as I was wondering that it has been quite a while since I myself visited my own blog (I think it would qualify for height of laziness), I came across this interesting article which tells us about a last effort we can make to save our gadgets after they have taken a refreshing bath.

Imagine a $300 Apple Ipod or your fancy mobile phones or PDAs just happen to be too thirsty and decide to take a dip in water. Is it the end of life for them..?? In this case I am quite sure that you will try what ever it takes to revive back the gadget. In case it comes alive, good for you and you can stop reading the article and utilize your time in something else. Just in case you don't care about your drenched gadget (Hard hearted person) then you should also stop wasting your time in reading this article.

Now since you have already reached here, I won't waste much of your time and come to the point directly. Most of us know about Rice as one of the primary edible item. But there is more than this. Rice is known to be a very got absorbent of water. All you need to do is take a bowl of uncooked rice and put your gadget in it. Make sure that you power off the gadget and if possible dis mantel it (i.e. remove the battery, cover, etc). Dis mantel only to the extent from which you can re-assemble it. Leave the gadget inside the bowl, covered with rice for at least 48 hours. You might get lucky, if rice successfully absorbs all the moisture from the gadget.

I am not too sure of the success rate of this method. But again, if there is no other way, then this is at least worth a shot. Piece of advice, keep the electronic gadgets away from moisture and water.

No comments: